Cherry Creek Wellness Center is proud to announce our new Specialty; Physical Therapy for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Please welcome our newest addition, Adria Henderickson, MSPT. Adria knew she wanted to become a physical therapist at the age of 17. This was because her mother has Fibromyalgia and has been involved with her treatment growing up. Adria graduated from Nazareth College of Rochester in 2002, receiving her BA in Health Science and MS in Physical Therapy.
With over 10 years of experience as a physical therapist, working in nearly all settings, she is able to work with people of all ages and conditions. Adria is deaf with a cochlear implant and uses American Sign Language to communicate with deaf people. CCWC and Adria’s mission is to provide the bridge of physical wellness to the deaf and hard of hearing community. She enjoys working and seeing the rewards of improving her patient’s quality of life. Adria has received her certification in trigger point dry needling in 12-2013 and will be pursuing continuing education courses on vestibular rehabilitation and certification in manual therapy.
BENEFITS OF HAVING A PHYSICAL THERAPIST WHO USES SIGN LANGUAGE
CONDITIONS WE COMMONLY TREAT
- More treatment time due to less time spent on poor communication techniques
- Increased patients’ knowledge of physical condition and home exercise program
- Better participation with the treatment plan
- Fewer unnecessary diagnostic tests (i.e. MRI, PET scan)
- Less treatment visits
- Better healthcare outcome
- Vestibular and Vertigo
- Neck, back and pelvic problems
- Upper extremity (shoulder, elbow, hand) and lower extremity (hip, knee, foot) pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (numbness, weakness, tingling in the fingers and hand)
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Arthritis and balance problems
- After surgery pain and decreased range of motion (limited movement)
- Injuries from motor vehicle accidents
- Work place injuries
- Athletic or training injuries
If you are in need of physical therapy and are deaf or hard of hearing please consider Cherry Creek Wellness Center for your rehabilitation needs.